As many as 40 percent of all U.S. military personnel have never deployed to a combat zone, apropos my blog this week dealing with commentaries about the Afghanistan shooting. Thanks to Mark Thompson at Time Magazine for pointing out the 2010 data.
About This Blog
I decided to start my own blog in January 2012 to provide a home for my musings and writings. I’m a lazy blogger though so check out my Archive of Writings instead. The thoughts are mine and mine alone. Write me if you want to make me or any readers smarter. Check out asides and comments @warkin on Twitter.
- Learned today: Last week @USGAO issued classified report saying US intelligence has lost track of the status of Rus… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Just finished my book on Ending Perpetual War for @simonschuster while America stays glued to the Trump circus. link.militarytimes.com/click/18717435… 2 weeks ago
- Continuity of Government! Still at it. Found this 2014 FEMA contract: "facilitate a motor coach evacuation of the g… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- New data on #Incirlik #nuclear security in #Turkey. Seven "gate runners" attempting to illegally get on base since… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- It's a wonder I could see anything with those glasses. Early report on continuity of government, featuring a very y… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 weeks ago