I’ve been working for a couple of months on an investigation of the totality of U.S. intelligence in Germany, out today in Stern magazine. English translation coming soon.
About This BlogPart vanity, part practical, I decided to start my own blog in January 2012 to provide a home for my musings and writings. I also wanted a place to archive old articles and studies. I plan to write about the defense budget, government secrecy, the "war" on terrorism, homeland security, and the root of all evil: Washington. I'm not looking to be a scooper or a reporter. The thoughts are mine and mine alone. Write me if you want to make me or my readers smarter. Check out asides and comments @warkin on Twitter.
- My first piece for the New York Times nytimes.com/2014/11/16/us/… 5 days ago
- Rare Trip 80 Feet Blow at Stratcom - kmtv.com. Monitor more! Woo hoo! jrn.com/kmtv/news/Rare… 5 months ago
- Dempsey to Retired Generals: Shut Up When it Comes to Politics | Intercepts - Defense News: intercepts.defensenews.com/2014/05/dempse… 6 months ago
- It's official. I'm working as National Security Consultant @nytimes. Special projects and one big special project... 8 months ago
- Angry = the new black; Gates is a political chameleon. Solicitation for speaking fees. Why Is Robert Gates Angry? newrepublic.com/article/116500… 8 months ago