I’ve been working for a couple of months on an investigation of the totality of U.S. intelligence in Germany, out today in Stern magazine. English translation coming soon.
About This BlogPart vanity, part practical, I decided to start my own blog in January 2012 to provide a home for my musings and writings. I also wanted a place to archive old articles and studies. I plan to write about the defense budget, government secrecy, the "war" on terrorism, homeland security, and the root of all evil: Washington. I'm not looking to be a scooper or a reporter. The thoughts are mine and mine alone. Write me if you want to make me or my readers smarter. Check out asides and comments @warkin on Twitter.
- It's official. I'm working as National Security Consultant @nytimes. Special projects and one big special project... 1 month ago
- Angry = the new black; Gates is a political chameleon. Solicitation for speaking fees. Why Is Robert Gates Angry? newrepublic.com/article/116500… 1 month ago
- Sensible comments on drones and civilian casualties. This Debate Has Been Redacted foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/… 1 month ago
- Devastating. Gates memoir: Faulty MRAP Recollections defensenews.com/article/201402… via @defense_news 2 months ago
- Oakland's Surveillance Center. Good local story on fusion centers. eastbayexpress.com/oakland/contro… 2 months ago